Before Your Visit:
- Make a list of your symptoms and questions
- Make a list all medications and any previous surgeries.
- Gather and bring important medical records and laboratory test reports from other
doctors or hospitals (including x-rays, MRIs and lab results)
- Check with your insurance provider to see if a referral is needed.
- Call before your visit to tell the office if you have special needs.
- Bring a friend or family member if you think it will be helpful.
- If your problems involves walking and/or exercise, bring your walking/exercise shoes
with you to the appointment.
During Your Visit:
- Go over your list of question. If you don not understand an answer, be sure to ask
for further explanation.
- Take notes and listen carefully.
- Discuss your symptoms and any recent changes you may have noticed.
- Talk about all new medications. Ask why it has been prescribed, and how to take it.
- Describe any allergies.
- Tell Dr. Pathan if you are pregnant.
- Let Dr. Pathan know if you are being treated by other doctors.
After Your Visit:
- Prepare for any tests Dr. Pathan orders. Ask about what you need to do to get ready,
possible side effects, and when you can expect results. Ask when and how the test
results will be made available to you.
- Schedule a follow-up appointment (if necessary) before you leave our office.
- Call our office and ask for your test results if you do not hear from us when you
are supposed to.